Very Rev. Fr. Anthony EWHERIDO
FATHER-LIBRARIAN AND FORMATOR
CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF WARRI
ORDAINED OCTOBER 18, 1986
E-mail: Ovayero@yahoo.com Phone No. 234-806-393-8834
DIPLOMA (FROM SUMMER COURSE FOR SEMINARY FORMATORS)
ATHENAEUM PONTIFICIUM REGINA APOSTOLORUM
JULY 30, 2014
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (BIBLICAL STUDIES) FORDHAM
UNIVERSITY, BRONX, NY, USA
MASTER OF PHILOSOPHY (BIBLICAL STUDIES) FORDHAM
UNIVERSITY, BRONX, NY, USA
MASTER OF ARTS (THEOLOGY [BIBLICAL STUDIES]), ST. JOHNS UNIVERSITY, JAMAICA, QUEENS, NY, USA
BACHELOR OF DIVINITY (THEOLOGY)
PONTIFICAL URBAN UNIVERSITY
DIPLOMA IN RELIGIOUS STUDIES, UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN
Before his seminary assignment, Fr. Anthony did extensive work in the pastoral, education, and healthcare sectors in his diocese and in the Diocese of Rockville Centre, NY., and was a long time retreat facilitator with the Cenacle Sisters in Louisiana.
Fr. Anthony is also a member of THE CATHOLIC BIBLICAL ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA; THE SOCIETY OF BIBLICAL LITERATURE AND THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF RELIGION; CATHOLIC BIBLICAL ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (CABAN); CATHOLIC THEOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (CATHAN); SOUTH WEST ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIAN CATHOLIC THEOLOGIANS (SWANCTH)
MAIN RESEARCH INTERESTS: THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO MATTHEW, THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO JOHN, AND SOCIAL CONTEXT STUDIES.
Very Rev. Fr. Dr. Anthony IGBEKELE
Rev. Fr. Dr. Joseph IYAMAH
Dean of Students
Rev. Fr. Victor OLASEENI
On Study Leave
DATE OF BIRTH: 02-10-1980
PLACE OF BIRTH/ HOME TOWN: IGBARA-ODO-EKITI
NATIONALITY: EKITI SOUTH WEST LGA, EKITI STATE, NIGERIA
DIOCESE: CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF EKITI
ORDINATION: ORDAINED A PRIEST 26th JUNE 2008
SCHOOLS ATTENDED TILL DATE
ST. RAPHAEL’S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL, IGBARA-ODO-EKITI: 1986-1992
COMMUNITY HIGH SCHOOL, IGBARA-ODO-EKITI: 1992-1998
ST. JOHN OF THE CROSS SPIRITUAL YEAR SEMINARY, EKPOMA: 1999-2000
SEMINARY OF SS. PETER AND PAUL, BODIJA, IBADAN (IN AFFILIATION WITH THE UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN AND PONTIFICAL URBAN UNIVERSITY, ROME): 2000-2008
OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE: 2010
PRIMARY SCHOOL LEAVING CERTIFICATE: 1992
JUNIOR SCHOOL CERTIFICATE: 1995
SENIOR SCHOOL CERTIFICATE: 1998
BACHELOR OF PHILOSOPHY (B.A. Honours), IBADAN: 2004
BACHELOR OF THEOLOGY (B.TH. Honours), URBANIANA, ROME: 2008
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN Financial Management (PGDFM), OAU, Ife: 2010
WORK EXPERIENCE/PARISHES WORKED
Priest-in-charge: St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, Kota/Araromi, Kota-Ekiti, Ekiti East Local Government, Ekiti State (26th July 2008 – 3rd October 2010).
Parish Priest: St. Mary’s Catholic Church, IIogbo-Ekiti, Ido/Osi Local Government, Ekiti State. (4th October 2010 – 14th March 2014).
Parish Priest: St. John’s Catholic Church, Orin-Ekiti, Ido/Osi Local Government, Ekiti State (15th March 2014 – 18th January 2016).
Vocations: A member of Vocations Team of the Catholic Diocese of Ekiti, 2009 – 2011.
Assistant Secretary: Christian Association of Nigeria, Ekiti State Chapter, July 2010 – June 2013.
Director of Planning, Research and Strategy: Christian Association of Nigeria, Ekiti State Chapter July 2013 – June 2016.
Vice Chairman: Christian Association of Nigeria, Ilogbo-Ekiti Chapter, 2012 – 2014.
Assistant Secretary: Nigeria Catholic Diocesan Priests’ Association, Ekiti Chapter, November 2014 – January 2016.
Formator: SS Peter and Paul Seminary, Bodija, Ibadan, January 2016 till date.
Accounting and Ecumenism Teacher: Ekiti Catholic Diocesan Catechetical Institute, Usi-Ekiti, 2013 – 2015.
Bursar: SS Peter and Paul Seminary, Bodija, Ibadan, January 2016 till date.
1. A Philosophical Examination of the concept of Destiny in Yoruba Thought System, 2004.
2. Cohabitation: A Contemporary Pastoral Challenge, 2008.
Rev. Fr. Augustine FAMORIYO
Rev. Fr. Joseph ANIAGA
Rev. Fr. Dr. Francis ADEDARA
Dean of Studies
Diocese and Incardination: Catholic Diocese of Ilorin
Ordination: 15th of August 1992
Specialization: Systematic Theology
B.A, University of Ibadan (1989)
B.Th, Pontifical Urban University, Rome (1992)
STL, University of St. Mary of the Lake, Mundelein, USA (1999)
PhD, Ave Maria University, Florida, USA (2011)
1) Associate Pastor, St. James’ Catholic Church, Ilorin, Nigeria (September 1992 – April 1993)
2) Youth Chaplain, Diocese of Ilorin, Nigeria (September 1992 – August 1994)
3) Assistant Director of Vocations, Diocese of Ilorin, Nigeria (September 1992 – August 1994)
4) Chancellor, Diocese of Ilorin, Nigeria (May 1993 – June 1997)
5) Pastoral Assistant, St. James’ Catholic Church, Ilorin, Nigeria (May 1993 – June 1997)
6) Member, College of Consultors of the Diocese of Ilorin, Nigeria (May 1993 – June 1997)
7) Chairman, Finance Committee of the Senate of Priests, Diocese of Ilorin, Nigeria (1994 – 1997)
8) Pastoral Assistant, St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Lake Forest, Illinois, USA (1997-1999)
9) Rector, Propaedeutic Seminary of St. Peter the Apostle, Eruku, Kwara State, Nigeria (October 1999 – June 2006).
10) Member, Finance Committee of the Diocese of Ilorin, Nigeria (November 2002 – June 2006).
11) Vice Chairman, Senate of Priests of the Diocese of Ilorin, Nigeria (July 2003 – June 2006).
12) Member, Pastoral Council of the Diocese of Ilorin, Nigeria (June 2004 – June 2006).
13) Member, Marriage Tribunal of the Diocese of Ilorin, Nigeria (December 2004 – June 2006).
14) Pastoral Assistant, Ave Maria University Chaplaincy, Florida, USA (September 2006 – November 2011)
15) Pastor, St. Anthony’s Catholic Church, Omu-Aran, Kwara State (January 2012 – January 2013).
16) Head of Theology Department, Seminary of Ss. Peter and Paul, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria (May 2013 – September 2017)
Research Interests: Augustinian Thoughts and Theology, Thomistic Philosophy and Theology, Thoughts and Writings of Joseph Ratzinger (Benedict XVI), Trinitarian Theology, Christology, and Contemporary Issues in Religion.
Rev. Fr. Dr. Hubert OPARA
Head, Dept. of Theology
Rev. Fr. Dr. Anselm JIMOH
Head, Dept. of Philosophy
Very Rev. Fr. Dr. Anthony EWHERIDO
Head, Library Department
Rev. Fr. Christopher Ojo
Rev. Fr. Dr. Kenneth Adesina
Assistant Dean of Students
Rev. Fr. Daniel Koumah
Rev. Fr. Dr. Damian Ilodigwe
Dean of Pastoral Department